All PROGRAM Alerts, Parent Meetings, Postponements and Cancellations will be posted on this page.
Greetings Parents and Participants,
In accordance with our commitment to prioritizing safety, First Tee – Delaware acknowledges the presence of air-quality alerts in certain regions where our programs are conducted.
We would like to inform you that all classes scheduled for Wednesday, June 7, 2023, will proceed as planned.
We kindly request that you exercise your discretion regarding the well-being of your participants. If you deem it necessary, participants are welcome to wear masks. In the event that you feel it is unsafe for your child to attend, we encourage you to coordinate with your coach to arrange a make-up class.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
Dear Parents, Guardians and Participants: If you were unable to attend any of the three Zoom Orientation Meetings, here is a link to the recording of one of them, so you can get an overview of the discussions. https://us02web.zoom.us/rec/share/bYcRlrU5E4Mk8HwwpiLPq81LbFPXK_K64EKvX1Bd1hjdhFH3ftfIVpcfsaOqwvPc.J3_tydHF59gREiOa?startTime=1681999286000
These meetings provided the opportunity to meet our staff, learn a brief history on First Tee and First Tee — Delaware, get to know how the First Tee Curriculum seamlessly integrates our Life Skills & Core Values, How a typical First Tee Class is set-up, as well as Additional Key Facts to Know, and finished up with some Question & Answers.
Welcome to Summer I Sessions
Parents, Guardians & Participants,
Thank you for registering your participant(s) for our 2023 Summer I Session. We are looking forward to spending the next several weeks with our participants having fun and playing golf!
Please plan to arrive 5 minutes before start time to sign in for the first class to help our coaches organize their respective groups and present a quick Parent Orientation.
If you have been with us before – you know “We are Family” is a theme that underlies all we do at First Tee – Delaware. Our coaches volunteer their time. We are truly blessed to have this team of certified coaches who are also caring mentors while in class and/or on-on-the-course.
In support of the class and our coaches, First Tee – Staff: Charma Bell – Program Director, Leslie McGuigan – Business Manager, Scott Allen, Southern Delaware Coordinator, or myself, Bob Norris can help answer any questions you might have as well.
Summer I Life Skills Sessions start the week of June 4, 2023 – Each session will run for FOUR consecutive weeks, weather permitting. Make-up class information will be provided if needed.
The Summer II Session start on July 16, 2023
The Fall Session starts on September 10, 2023
Safety … FIRST … is critical in all we do. The First Tee – Delaware is fully focused on being proactive and anticipatory to provide a SAFE, supportive environment where our participants can learn, thrive and have fun.
To get you started, here are some general thoughts in preparing for classes:
- Have your child dress in comfortable clothes that are appropriate for the weather.
- PLEASE bring your water bottle/drink to class for your child(s). We want our participants to stay hydrated.
- Unless you are contacted by your site’s lead coach, there is typically no dress code for our Sessions/Classes. We encourage our participants to be neat and comfortable. T-shirts will be given to each participant, and they are welcome to wear them to each class. If you are a returning participant, and already have a T-shirt that still fits, please wear that one to class. Our programs at Rehoboth Beach Country Club and Kings Creek may have a different dress code and participants registered at those locations will be properly informed.
- Shoes – can just be sneakers or something comfortable. There will be running around, and exercise as part of each class.
- If your child has golf clubs, please bring them along. If NOT, know that we provide the necessary clubs and balls and additional equipment if needed.
- If we are going to have a weather event or any other reason for postponements which will impact the class, we will post on our website’s ALERTS Page, https://www.firstteedelaware.org/alerts/ on our Social Media Platforms – Facebook & Twitter, the status no later than 1 hour before the start of your class.
- If your child must miss a session (life happens), it is ok. Please let your Lead Coach know. You can also email our Business Manager, Leslie McGuigan, [email protected] and she will notify your coach. We will work with you to the best of our ability, to find a makeup class. We have other opportunities for the child to join other classes at other courses.
Please visit our First Tee – Delaware Chapter’s website: www.firstteedelaware.org It is a valuable source of information as to what is going on in our chapter with Programs & Events, in addition to links to the National First Tee website: www.firsttee.org to help learn of other opportunities we can provide for your children.
As with most non-profit organizations, we could not exist without our volunteers and the donations that we receive from our communities. Please visit our Events page often to see how you can help throughout the year. We ask that parents/guardians/family members volunteer their time OR help us secure Donations for a fundraising event during each year. This could be from yourself, friends and/or business or work contacts.
We will hold our 20th Mayor’s Cup on Thursday, September 14th, 2023 at Rock Manor Golf Course. Many other events will be posted on the website for all to get involved.
If you have any questions, please contact Charma Bell, Program Director at [email protected], or at 302.593.2062, Scott Allen, Southern Delaware Coordinator at [email protected] or at 703-861-9818, or at or Leslie McGuigan at [email protected] or 302.290.1250, or call, text or email your coach with the information they provided you.
Looking forward to seeing you all during our Summer I and additional 2023 Sessions, Play & Family Fun Days!
All the best.
Executive Director, First Tee – Delaware
Location: 800 N. DuPont Rd, Wilmington DE 19807
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 419, Rockland DE 19732
Office – 302.384.8759 || Mobile – 302.584.0958
Email: [email protected]
Please check your emails frequently and browse around this First Tee – Delaware website for more information.
Please feel free to contact any of our staff members for further information about any of our Programs or Events.
Office Phone: 302-384-8759
Bob Norris, Executive Director: [email protected]
Charma Bell, Program Director: [email protected]
Scott Allen, Senior Southern Delaware Coordinator: [email protected]
Leslie McGuigan, Business Manager: [email protected]